There is a strange phenomenon that occurs around birthday and Christmases. I spend most of the year dropping well placed and pretty damn obvious hints and my husband spends the year doing his absolute best to ignore them. Then we get into the “what do you want for your birthday/christmas?” saga and I respond with vague answers hoping that he’s picked up on the huge hints for the things I actually want. This year I thought I’d shake it up a bit and avoid the whole song and dance by just buying myself a present on his credit card. Great, job sorted. Only problem was I bought these lovely boots from Boden with a lovely discount code but they just didn’t suit me so back they went and back to square one I go.
So as my birthday is just around the corner (22nd Sept in case you were wondering) and just in case the hint-dropping hasn’t been successful, I thought I’d put together a glaringly obvious list 😉
Before you comment on my extravagant expectations I will let you know that I am incredibly long suffering 😉 plus a girl has to dream right?!
- Barbour – Ladies’ Bower Wax Jacket – Olive £248.95
3. Argent of London – Gigi act Gold Personalised Initial Necklace – from £68 (When Poppy was born I treated myself to one of these sweet little pendants then managed to lose it and have been in mourning ever since. I know this would technically be cheating myself out of a present but I did love it so much)
5. Literally anything from Jo Malone – from £17 (if possible, I would like to live in a Jo Malone shop. Not forever. Just until my nostrils are desensitised to the yummy smell which should only take a few years or so)
7. Boden – Keira Ankle Boot – £119
I almost forgot to add these little beauties! I’ve been a huge fan of Olivia Burton since buying my hummingbird watch a few years ago. Sadly the little terror got her hands on it and removed the back and some vital components.
10. Merci Maman – Duchess Necklace – from £79